Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Cannot access web site hosted in another computer

Cannot access web site hosted in another computer

HawleyBeach

I have 2 computers at home, they are both windows 2000 Professional. I linked
them, i am able to share and access folders in both. I have created a web
site
in one computer, i can browse it: http://localhost/ALANLORIMER/default.asp. I
failed to browse the same web site from another computer, when i typed
http://10.208.28.16/ALANLORIMER/default.asp i was prompted dail-up connection
dialog box. Please help.

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?SGF3bGV5QmVhY2g=?= wrote on 28 apr 2006 in

> I have 2 computers at home, they are both windows 2000 Professional.
> I linked them, i am able to share and access folders in both. I have
> created a web site
> in one computer, i can browse it:
> http://localhost/ALANLORIMER/default.asp. I failed to browse the same
> web site from another computer, when i typed
> http://10.208.28.16/ALANLORIMER/default.asp i was prompted dail-up
> connection dialog box. Please help.

That is not an asp problem, as asp is a platform for computer languages.

I don't think it is an IIS issue, though you could ask in an IIS NG.

So I think you are off topic.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

nvanhaaster@caitele.com

Not enough information, and not the right topic.. However bearing the
fact that you have the ip address for the other computer right you may
want to disable the internet options task that prompts for a dialup
connection everytime you open internet explorer.

Also try http://<computername>/Alanlorimer/default.asp

Jeff Cochran

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:51:01 -0700, HawleyBeach
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have 2 computers at home, they are both windows 2000 Professional. I linked
>them, i am able to share and access folders in both. I have created a web
>site
>in one computer, i can browse it: http://localhost/ALANLORIMER/default.asp. I
>failed to browse the same web site from another computer, when i typed
>http://10.208.28.16/ALANLORIMER/default.asp i was prompted dail-up connection
>dialog box. Please help.

In IE add the IP to the intranet zone of the seurity tab and set IE to
not use a proxy.

Jeff