Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Run asp page as a background process

Run asp page as a background process

Lindsay

Hi

I am using Win2k, IIS 5 and vbscript as well as asp.

I want to run an asp page that creates a PDF (using a third party
ASPPDF dll) as a background process to free up the main website as it
takes about 3-4 minutes to render the PDF.

Any ideas on how to do this or where to look?

Cheers

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Lindsay wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using Win2k, IIS 5 and vbscript as well as asp.
>
> I want to run an asp page that creates a PDF (using a third party
> ASPPDF dll) as a background process to free up the main website as it
> takes about 3-4 minutes to render the PDF.
>
> Any ideas on how to do this or where to look?

As usual: aspfaq:

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2143

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Lindsay

Cheers for that its what I am looking for!