Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Has anyone tried to apply MVC to write ASP (not .Net) programs?

Has anyone tried to apply MVC to write ASP (not .Net) programs?

littlebeam

Has anyone tried to apply MVC to write ASP (not .Net) programs?
Any good reference? Thanks

McKirahan

"littlebeam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Has anyone tried to apply MVC to write ASP (not .Net) programs?
> Any good reference? Thanks

I posted the following at the end of 2002 and never got a response:

http://www.newarchitectmag.com/docum...284/index.html

> I was intrigued as I am building more browser-based applications and may

be
> taking on a large project soon.
>
> As an experiment, I looked at converting an exisiting simple application

in
> two steps:
>
> 1) Isolate all of the Model stuff within the existing module into a

single
> subroutine (to make sure it works).
> It uses arrays to perist the data.
>
> 2) Pull that code out and make it callable by the Controller to pass to

the
> View.
> The article discusses the use of XML to persist the data though I'm

thinking
> of using Session arrays.
>
> I quickly realized that the Model stuff has to handle a lot:
> Add, Update, Delete, as well as support for multiple Views.
>
> I was hoping someone might point me to additional resources that address
> this aspect of Model development; perhaps there are templates available.
>
> Thanks for any information.
>
> P.S. My "simple application" is quite large though it is only a single

ASP
> page.
>
> Basically, it's a Contact Manager that allows Contacts to be added,
> displayed (singly and in various lists), updated, and deleted. It uses an
> MS-Access database with a single table called "Contacts".

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

"littlebeam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Has anyone tried to apply MVC to write ASP (not .Net) programs?
> Any good reference? Thanks

I have seen a german company who had a HRM program (forgot the name though)
that had modified code into several parts all using ASP code.

But I must admit, that the development costs must have been very huge. Most
of the work, was done using notepad and a lot of work was delegated to SQL
Server.
At the view side (client side html processing) a lot of calls were made to
utilities that created the HTML.