Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > asp pages not running on xp pro localhost

asp pages not running on xp pro localhost

w blann

I have a desktop with XP Pro that happily runs my ASP pages via localhost
and a laptop also with XP Pro that won't. A very simple web page without
any ASP in it will run as page.htm but not as page.asp; XP Pro is running
IIS 5; all windows updates are up to date. Pages simply displays Server
Application Error message

I don't even know where to go to find more diagnostics (friendly messages is
already switched off)

Any help appreciated

Mike Brind

w blann wrote:
> I have a desktop with XP Pro that happily runs my ASP pages via localhost
> and a laptop also with XP Pro that won't. A very simple web page without
> any ASP in it will run as page.htm but not as page.asp; XP Pro is running
> IIS 5; all windows updates are up to date. Pages simply displays Server
> Application Error message
>
> I don't even know where to go to find more diagnostics (friendly messages is
> already switched off)
>
> Any help appreciated

What does the system event log tell you?

Might this help? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/297519

--
Mike Brind

W Blann

Mike
There is nothing on the event logs when this happens.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Wendy
"Mike Brind" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> w blann wrote:
>> I have a desktop with XP Pro that happily runs my ASP pages via localhost
>> and a laptop also with XP Pro that won't. A very simple web page without
>> any ASP in it will run as page.htm but not as page.asp; XP Pro is
>> running
>> IIS 5; all windows updates are up to date. Pages simply displays Server
>> Application Error message
>>
>> I don't even know where to go to find more diagnostics (friendly messages
>> is
>> already switched off)
>>
>> Any help appreciated

> What does the system event log tell you?
>
> Might this help? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/297519
>
> --
> Mike Brind

Jeff Cochran

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:53:16 +0100, "w blann" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have a desktop with XP Pro that happily runs my ASP pages via localhost
>and a laptop also with XP Pro that won't. A very simple web page without
>any ASP in it will run as page.htm but not as page.asp; XP Pro is running
>IIS 5; all windows updates are up to date. Pages simply displays Server
>Application Error message
>
>I don't even know where to go to find more diagnostics (friendly messages is
>already switched off)

XP 64 bit? (Set IIS to 64 bit as well) Firewall? Security software?
Site not set to execute scripts? And of course, your first stop:

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

Jeff