Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > frame refresh from ASP page

frame refresh from ASP page

abcd

Is there a way that I can refresh a particular frame on the ASP page from
the server side ...

thanks

Kyle Peterson

this is about the only way just using server side and hyperlinks...
http://www.powerasp.com/content/hint...asp-frames.asp

your really reloading everything but with the frame contents the querystring
specifies

maybe not what yoru looking for but
its a handy trick

"abcd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way that I can refresh a particular frame on the ASP page from
> the server side ...
>
> thanks

Dave Anderson

abcd wrote:
> Is there a way that I can refresh a particular frame on the
> ASP page from the server side ...

No. The only thing ASP knows about the client is the content of its
requests. The client makes requests, the server makes responses.

The only way to refresh a frame, then, is to convince the client to send a
new request. This can be done with a META refresh in the frame itself, or by
client-side scripting (this can come from from a different frame or window).

--
Dave Anderson