Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP Guru needed (XML-Flash+ASP)

ASP Guru needed (XML-Flash+ASP)

JimmySlam

How can I do it?

I have a bit of idea but searching on the internet is not enough
information (or I didnt find it) Any one knows how to Send an XML to ASP
form FLASH,
the ASP saves it into a XML on the server...

If i just could send the XML and from ASP say something like save XML...
Would be easy.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Evertjan.

JimmySlam wrote on 15 mrt 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
> ... to Send an XML to ASP form FLASH, ...

You cannot "send" anything to ASP,
ASP being a platform for serverside languages.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

JimmySlam

Sorry for the understanding , it is to an ASP page.

> JimmySlam wrote on 15 mrt 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>> ... to Send an XML to ASP form FLASH, ...

> You cannot "send" anything to ASP,
> ASP being a platform for serverside languages.
>
> --
> Evertjan.
> The Netherlands.

Evertjan.

JimmySlam wrote on 16 mrt 2006 in

> "Evertjan." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> JimmySlam wrote on 15 mrt 2006 in
>>> ... to Send an XML to ASP form FLASH, ...

>> You cannot "send" anything to ASP,
>> ASP being a platform for serverside languages.

[please do not toppost on usenet]

> Sorry for the understanding , it is to an ASP page.

MISunderstanding?

I repeat: You cannot "send" anything to ASP or an ASP page.

However you van send string data to a server, by posting or
"querystringing". Both are cliendside actions, not involving ASP.

However you can retrieve those stringdata with ASP:
request.form() ir request.querystring()

[I bet you knew that]

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

JimmySlam

Yeah, the only problem is when i receive an XML from flash. Normally says is
a problem with the page... But If I send just variables ,(and I am talking
about the values, the strings) works fine.

This is the ASP code that I am using with no luck...

<%
Response.ContentType="text/xml"

Dim strXML
Dim objXML

Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
strXML = Request.Form

%>

Do you know where is the problem? (This is just for a XML, when I send
variables (values) is different code.

> JimmySlam wrote on 16 mrt 2006 in
>
>> "Evertjan." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> JimmySlam wrote on 15 mrt 2006 in
>>> microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>>>
>>> You cannot "send" anything to ASP,
>>> ASP being a platform for serverside languages.

> [please do not toppost on usenet]
>
>> Sorry for the understanding , it is to an ASP page.

> MISunderstanding?
>
> I repeat: You cannot "send" anything to ASP or an ASP page.
>
> However you van send string data to a server, by posting or
> "querystringing". Both are cliendside actions, not involving ASP.
>
> However you can retrieve those stringdata with ASP:
> request.form() ir request.querystring()
>
> [I bet you knew that]
>
> --
> Evertjan.
> The Netherlands.

Anthony Jones

"JimmySlam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yeah, the only problem is when i receive an XML from flash. Normally says

is
> a problem with the page... But If I send just variables ,(and I am talking
> about the values, the strings) works fine.
>
> This is the ASP code that I am using with no luck...
>
> <%
> Response.ContentType="text/xml"
>
> Dim strXML
> Dim objXML
>
> Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
> strXML = Request.Form
>
> %>
>
> Do you know where is the problem? (This is just for a XML, when I send
> variables (values) is different code.

Try this:-

Dim strXML
Dim objXML

Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
objXML.Load Request

The Flash thingy it probably just posting up XML in the body of the Request.
I doubt it is using any Mime multipart encoding that is used by Form Posts
in a Web Browser.

Anthony.

JimmySlam

I did try ur code and says the same... (firefox)
-----------------------------------
The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again
in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,
make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
--------------------------

If i use IE says ERROR 500 (internal)

Well on the flash im using POST but anyway

I check what is sending and it is this:

http://www.centralnightclub.com/temp...%3E%3C%2Fdb%3E

That is the XML on the URL. Some times if i make it smaller, that doesnt
give me that error. but i dont thing is a good idea making it smaller, what
would be the point ?

Any suggestion??? Thanks for triying..

"Anthony Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "JimmySlam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yeah, the only problem is when i receive an XML from flash. Normally says

> is
>> a problem with the page... But If I send just variables ,(and I am
>> talking
>> about the values, the strings) works fine.
>>
>> This is the ASP code that I am using with no luck...
>>
>> <%
>> Response.ContentType="text/xml"
>>
>> Dim strXML
>> Dim objXML
>>
>> Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
>> strXML = Request.Form
>>
>> %>
>>
>> Do you know where is the problem? (This is just for a XML, when I send
>> variables (values) is different code.
>>

> Try this:-
>
> Dim strXML
> Dim objXML
>
> Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
> objXML.Load Request
>

> The Flash thingy it probably just posting up XML in the body of the
> Request.
> I doubt it is using any Mime multipart encoding that is used by Form Posts
> in a Web Browser.
>

> Anthony.

Anthony Jones

>That is the XML on the URL. Some times if i make it smaller, that doesnt
>give me that error. but i dont thing is a good idea making it smaller, what
>would be the point ?

>Any suggestion??? Thanks for triying..

Well I guess this should work:-

Dim strXML
Dim objXML

Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
objXML.LoadXML Request.QueryString("database1")

But the query string isn't where you really want to be putting the data,
it's not really a POST more a GET with a very large query string.

Is there no mechanism in Flash to perform a proper post where the XML is
sent up as the entity body?

Anthony.

JimmySlam

Ok i just realised that if I send the XML (the big and standard one) it says
that error I said before anyway. So Im gonna try to start with a v small
XML.

So I write ur code on ASP and this error appears...

Response object error 'ASP 0185 : 80020003'

Missing Default Property

/temp/uploadXML.asp, line 0

A default property was not found for the object

So i changed a few things after looking on google:

Dim strXML
Dim objXML

Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
objXML.LoadXML Request.QueryString("database1")

response.write(objXML.xml) 'I put ".xml" here because it said error without.

objXML.save("haha.xml")

Now i have to give writing permissions and test. After that I have to test
it with the proper DB.

Cheers, i will let you know how things are going, you can learn from this
bloody thing

Jimmy

"Anthony Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

>>That is the XML on the URL. Some times if i make it smaller, that doesnt
>>give me that error. but i dont thing is a good idea making it smaller,
>>what
>>would be the point ?

>>Any suggestion??? Thanks for triying..

> Well I guess this should work:-
>
> Dim strXML
> Dim objXML
>
> Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
> objXML.LoadXML Request.QueryString("database1")
>

> But the query string isn't where you really want to be putting the data,
> it's not really a POST more a GET with a very large query string.
>
> Is there no mechanism in Flash to perform a proper post where the XML is
> sent up as the entity body?
>
> Anthony.

uhhjl

Nothing I am still blocked, i cant do it.

:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:' (

"JimmySlam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok i just realised that if I send the XML (the big and standard one) it
> says that error I said before anyway. So Im gonna try to start with a v
> small XML.
>

> So I write ur code on ASP and this error appears...
>
> Response object error 'ASP 0185 : 80020003'
>
> Missing Default Property
>
> /temp/uploadXML.asp, line 0
>
> A default property was not found for the object
>

> So i changed a few things after looking on google:
>

> Dim strXML
> Dim objXML
>
> Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
> objXML.LoadXML Request.QueryString("database1")
>
> response.write(objXML.xml) 'I put ".xml" here because it said error
> without.
>
> objXML.save("haha.xml")
>

> Now i have to give writing permissions and test. After that I have to test
> it with the proper DB.
>
> Cheers, i will let you know how things are going, you can learn from this
> bloody thing
>

> Jimmy
>

> "Anthony Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>That is the XML on the URL. Some times if i make it smaller, that doesnt
>>>give me that error. but i dont thing is a good idea making it smaller,
>>>what
>>>would be the point ?

>>>Any suggestion??? Thanks for triying..

>> Well I guess this should work:-
>>
>> Dim strXML
>> Dim objXML
>>
>> Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
>> objXML.LoadXML Request.QueryString("database1")
>>

>> But the query string isn't where you really want to be putting the data,
>> it's not really a POST more a GET with a very large query string.
>>
>> Is there no mechanism in Flash to perform a proper post where the XML is
>> sent up as the entity body?
>>
>> Anthony.

IT Job Guru - Certification Guru Rohit A+ Certification 0 08-13-2008 07:31 PM
Regular Expressions Guru needed. Please help! Andreas Klemt ASP .Net 0 08-18-2004 07:48 AM
ASP.NET Image Upload... Guru needed John Thompson ASP .Net 1 06-30-2004 07:22 AM
Control Guru Needed Joe ASP .Net 0 01-20-2004 02:43 AM
Language and Direction real GURU needed! (Hebrew and maybe arabic) CR or Charset issue? Efy. ASP .Net 2 06-25-2003 03:28 PM

Advertisments