Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Accessing a shared file with ASP

Accessing a shared file with ASP

Fred

Hi,

I have 2 servers and I would like to access shared files on server 1
from an asp page situated in the server 2 (with the filesystem object).

I can't do it, I think, due to access restriction with the user IUSER_...

Both servers are Windows 2003 server no situated in a domain.

Is there a solution to this problem ?

Thanks for your help,

Fred

Roland Hall

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4417eb3f$0$29185$(E-Mail Removed)...
: Hi,
:
: I have 2 servers and I would like to access shared files on server 1
: from an asp page situated in the server 2 (with the filesystem object).
:
: I can't do it, I think, due to access restriction with the user IUSER_...
:
: Both servers are Windows 2003 server no situated in a domain.
:
: Is there a solution to this problem ?

Setup a virtual directory and give the IUSR account on server 2 the rights
it needs on server 1.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Anthony Jones

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4417eb3f$0$29185$(E-Mail Removed)...
> : Hi,
> :
> : I have 2 servers and I would like to access shared files on server 1
> : from an asp page situated in the server 2 (with the filesystem object).
> :
> : I can't do it, I think, due to access restriction with the user

IUSER_...
> :
> : Both servers are Windows 2003 server no situated in a domain.
> :
> : Is there a solution to this problem ?
>
> Setup a virtual directory and give the IUSR account on server 2 the rights
> it needs on server 1.
>
> --
> Roland Hall
> WSH 5.6 Documentation -

Why setup a virtual directory?

If the access is via File system object how does a virtual directory help?

Also it can be difficult to give IUSR access to a share on another system
because it is usually a local account (unless the web server is also a
domain controller).

Do you know how to grant a local IUSR account access to a network resource?

Anthony.