Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Is it possible to generate a gzipped sitemap with asp?

Is it possible to generate a gzipped sitemap with asp?

john.kavs@gmail.com

I am looking for a way that will allow me create the google sitemap for
my website at the click of a button - so that every time i update a
page using my (asp) content management system it automatically updates
the xml.gz file on the server in turn. I know how to parse the content
into an xml file, but despite lengthy searches on the web, I cant find
any way of gzipping files using asp, which i thought should be
possible, as IIS 6.0 has that http compression utility. Anybody with
any ideas or suggestions?

McKirahan

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I am looking for a way that will allow me create the google sitemap for
> my website at the click of a button - so that every time i update a
> page using my (asp) content management system it automatically updates
> the xml.gz file on the server in turn. I know how to parse the content
> into an xml file, but despite lengthy searches on the web, I cant find
> any way of gzipping files using asp, which i thought should be
> possible, as IIS 6.0 has that http compression utility. Anybody with
> any ideas or suggestions?

What is a "google sitemap"? Nevermind, I found it:
http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/

Will this help you "gzip" a file?

http://www.7-zip.org/

Welcome to the 7-Zip Home!

7-Zip is a file archiver with high compression ratio.
7-Zip is free software distributed under the GNU LGPL.

The main features of 7-Zip:

High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression
7-Zip is free software distributed under the GNU LGPL
Supported formats:
Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR
Unpacking only: RAR, CAB, ARJ, LZH, CHM, Z, CPIO, RPM and DEB
For ZIP and GZIP formats 7-Zip provides compression ratio
that is 2-10 % better than ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
Self-extracting capability for 7z format
Integration with Windows Shell
Powerful File Manager
Powerful command line version
Plugin for FAR Manager