Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > tools to clean up asp code

tools to clean up asp code

isaac2004

hi i was wondering if there are any tools or programs out there that
can clean up your asp code like realign and make it more readable and
if there is can i have some recognitions please. thank you.

Paxton

isaac2004 wrote:
> hi i was wondering if there are any tools or programs out there that
> can clean up your asp code like realign and make it more readable and
> if there is can i have some recognitions please. thank you.

I'm not aware of any tools that can do this sort of thing (although
there may well be some out there).

If there are, I wouldn't use them. I believe that part of the process
of becoming an efficient developer is to make your code readable and
comment it as you create it. Since you are hand coding your ASP in all
likelihood, it seems logical to me that you should take as much care
with indenting and layout etc, as you would with making sure the code
works properly.

/P.