Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Characters found after end of SQL statement

Characters found after end of SQL statement

isaac2004

hello getting wierd error from SQL statement
it is

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Characters found after end of
SQL statement.

here is my server side code

<% Dim strSQL, objRS, strTitle, dblPrice, strISBN, strDescription,
curPrice, curDiscPrice

strISBN = request.querystring("ISBN")

'sql statement for individual books
strSQL = "SELECT tblBookDescription.ISBN,
tblBookDescription.strTitle, tblBookDescription.strDescription,
tblBookDescription.strPublisher, tblBookDescription.dblPrice,
tblAuthors.AuthorID " & _
"FROM tblAuthors INNER JOIN (tblBookDescription INNER JOIN
tblAuthorsBooks ON tblBookDescription.ISBN = tblAuthorsBooks.ISBN) ON
tblAuthors.AuthorID = tblAuthorsBooks.AuthorID; " & _
"WHERE (((tblBookDescription.ISBN)='" & strISBN & "')) "

response.write("strSQL = " & strSQL)

Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

-----------------------------------------error here
objRS.open strSQL, objConn

'response.write("strSQL = " & strSQL)

curPrice = FormatCurrency(objRS("dblPrice"))
curDiscPrice = FormatCurrency((objRS("dblPrice")*.)
dblPrice = (objRS("dblPrice"))

%>

any help please, i think it occurs where i concatenate the strISBN into
the SQL statement

Bob Barrows [MVP]

isaac2004 wrote:

> response.write("strSQL = " & strSQL)

This was well-spotted by Dave, but you could have made it easier for us by
showing us the result of this response.write.

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Evertjan.

jeya wrote on 10 aug 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> I got this error msg in VB.net using Access database.

This is a classic asp group.
Dotnet questions should be asked in
<microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>

> Pls solve this problem immediately.

Hey, this is usenet! Do not hurry us!

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Bob Barrows

jeya wrote:
> I got this error msg in VB.net using Access database.

***canned wrong-newsgroup reply************************
recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

> Pls solve this problem immediately.

And exactly how do you expect someone in one of these groups to be able to
solve this without seeing the code that led to the error? Or better yet, the
sql statement that generated the error?

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
"NO SPAM"

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed jeya<(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I got this error msg in VB.net using Access database.Pls solve this
> problem immediately.
>
> From
> http://www.google.co.in/search?q=cha...nd+of+sql+stat
> ement.&hl=en&start=10&sa=N