Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How to activate the security tab in windows xp

How to activate the security tab in windows xp

Jack

Hi,
I had to move my application along with data in a new laptop with windows
xp. Here I was looking for the security tab to give permission to the folder
where the database is. However, this security tab is missing. How does one
activate the security tab in winsows xp? I appreciate any help. Regards.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

In Windows Explorer, do:

Tools--Folder Options
Switch to the View tab
Uncheck the last option, "Use simple file sharing"

This is under the assumption that your drive is NTFS, which I guess is a
safe assumption if you're having security problems.

Ray at work

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I had to move my application along with data in a new laptop with windows
> xp. Here I was looking for the security tab to give permission to the
> folder
> where the database is. However, this security tab is missing. How does one
> activate the security tab in winsows xp? I appreciate any help. Regards.

Jack

Thanks Ray for the quick help. It works now. Best regards.