Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Force ASP code to run entirely, regardless if reload or stop button is hit.

Force ASP code to run entirely, regardless if reload or stop button is hit.

grant.griffith@ei8htlegs.net

I need to find a way to force all the asp code on a web page to load
regardless if the user hits the reload or stop button on the browser.
I am seeing where more and more users are doing this and it is causing
me some problems on some pages. I would guess there is a way to do
this I am just searching for the wrong thing?

Patrice

AFAIK an ASP page is always executed in its entirety (the server doesn't
know that the stop button has been clicked).

You may want to explain the problem you have so that someone could perhaps
figure the exact cause (which is likely not that). Could it be rather that
the code runs twice (for example if the user "double click" a submit button
?)

--

<(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I need to find a way to force all the asp code on a web page to load
> regardless if the user hits the reload or stop button on the browser.
> I am seeing where more and more users are doing this and it is causing
> me some problems on some pages. I would guess there is a way to do
> this I am just searching for the wrong thing?

grant.griffith@ei8htlegs.net

My issue is on an e-commerce site where I process a transaction and
that transaction gets processed, but the email at the end of the asp
file is never sent out. Usually the user ends up with a duplicate
charge as the transaction gets processed twice but the email
confirmation only gets sent once.

Evertjan.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote on 08 feb 2006 in

> My issue is on an e-commerce site where I process a transaction and
> that transaction gets processed, but the email at the end of the asp
> file is never sent out. Usually the user ends up with a duplicate
> charge as the transaction gets processed twice but the email
> confirmation only gets sent once.

Please quote what you are replying to.

"Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at the
top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the article
headers.
<http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/>

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Patrice

The page just asks the SMTP server to send the mail and continues to run
(ie. the control flow continues as soon as the request to the STMTP server
is done, not once the SMTP server has really sent the mail).

So it's likely a problem on the SMTP server side. I would check the log or
the appropriate directories to get some information on those bad mails...

--
Patrice