Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP.NET 2005 Solution Problem

ASP.NET 2005 Solution Problem

mkd1919

I'm developing a web service that will eventually be sent to other like
organizations to communicate for a particular application. After a few
weeks, I decided it would be better to split of the web service and custome
code from the required code. In doing so, I created a class project.

This left me with a new solution of a web site and a class. I had
previously created the class seperately and added it to sourcesafe. I then
added the class to the web service project, which is where the solution was
created.

Two problems with this and sourcesafe. 1) If I add the solution and web
service to sourcesafe, the next time I open the solution from sourcesafe, the
web service no longer functions properly. It seems you can't add any
references to it and some that were there can no longer be read. 2) If I add
just the website, that works, but the next time you want to open the solution
and change part of the class and redeploy, the class does not exist, needs to
be readded, updated, etc... which is not correct.

Can anyone decipher this problem? What is the correct method to build this
type of solution and how to add it to sourcesafe? Are there any documents
out there discussing best practices in storing, creating, etc... in
sourcesafe?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet, or, in this case, one of the vsnet
groups.

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET