Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Limitation of the number of recordsets ASP is able to proceed?

Limitation of the number of recordsets ASP is able to proceed?

aa

Is there a limitation of the number of recordsets ASP is able to proceed?
When my Access database exceeded 544 records, only first 544 records are
shown

Bob Barrows [MVP]

aa wrote:
> Is there a limitation of the number of recordsets

recordsets? Do you mean records?

> ASP is able to proceed?

process?

> When my Access database exceeded 544 records, only first 544
> records are shown

Show the code (only the relevant bit please. We don't need to see all the
html ...).

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

aa

Thanks, Bob
in the query I have

WHERE filed_name<>"something"
and I did not have filed_name field filled in the recently added records.
I did not realised that if the value of a field is not entered, then
filed_name<>"something" evaluated to false, thought I expected it to
evaluate to true as undefined is not equal to "something"

news:O43AB#(E-Mail Removed)...
> aa wrote:
> > Is there a limitation of the number of recordsets

> recordsets? Do you mean records?
>
> > ASP is able to proceed?

> process?
>
> > When my Access database exceeded 544 records, only first 544
> > records are shown

> Show the code (only the relevant bit please. We don't need to see all the
> html ...).
>
> Bob Barrows
> --
> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Bob Barrows [MVP]

So your problem is solved?

aa wrote:
> Thanks, Bob
> in the query I have
>
> WHERE filed_name<>"something"
> and I did not have filed_name field filled in the recently added
> records. I did not realised that if the value of a field is not
> entered, then filed_name<>"something" evaluated to false, thought I
> expected it to evaluate to true as undefined is not equal to
> "something"
>

> "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:O43AB#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> aa wrote:
>>> Is there a limitation of the number of recordsets

>> recordsets? Do you mean records?
>>
>>> ASP is able to proceed?

>> process?
>>
>>> When my Access database exceeded 544 records, only first 544
>>> records are shown

>> Show the code (only the relevant bit please. We don't need to see
>> all the html ...).
>>
>> Bob Barrows
>> --
>> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

aa

Yes, sorry for the false alarm.
However how would you explain that filed_name<>"something" evaluates to
false if filed_name is undefined?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> So your problem is solved?
>
> aa wrote:
> > Thanks, Bob
> > in the query I have
> >
> > WHERE filed_name<>"something"
> > and I did not have filed_name field filled in the recently added
> > records. I did not realised that if the value of a field is not
> > entered, then filed_name<>"something" evaluated to false, thought I
> > expected it to evaluate to true as undefined is not equal to
> > "something"
> >

> > "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:O43AB#(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> recordsets? Do you mean records?

> >> process?

> >> Show the code (only the relevant bit please. We don't need to see
> >> all the html ...).
> >>
> >> Bob Barrows
> >> --
> >> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
> >> Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From
> >> header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get
> >> a quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.

> --
> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Bob Barrows [MVP]

I think you mean " ... if filed_name contains Null"
Any comparison with Null results in Null, which is not true

aa wrote:
> Yes, sorry for the false alarm.
> However how would you explain that filed_name<>"something" evaluates
> to false if filed_name is undefined?
>

> "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> So your problem is solved?
>>
>> aa wrote:
>>> Thanks, Bob
>>> in the query I have
>>>
>>> WHERE filed_name<>"something"
>>> and I did not have filed_name field filled in the recently added
>>> records. I did not realised that if the value of a field is not
>>> entered, then filed_name<>"something" evaluated to false, thought I
>>> expected it to evaluate to true as undefined is not equal to
>>> "something"
>>>

>>> "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:O43AB#(E-Mail Removed)...

>> --
>> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET