Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Displaying a "choose folder" dialog

Displaying a "choose folder" dialog

guido_brasletti

Hi,
I'm asking for help because I read dozens of threads on this subject,
but I still cannot make it work.

I'm developing an ASP script (running on a SBS 2k. I'm a beginner with
ASP) to use on our intranet which does searching on our file server
using Indexing Services.
To let the users specify the scope (from which file-server folder start
to search) I need to display on client pc's (Win 2k or Win XP Pro) a
"choose folder" dialog.

I tried BrowseForFolder method, in lots of different ways, for example
(this is a copy and paste from msdn site):
------------------------------------
ssfWINDOWS = 36
set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
set objFolder = objShell.BrowseForFolder(0, "Example", 0,
ssfWINDOWS)
if (not objFolder is nothing) then
Response.write(objfolder)
end if
set objFolder = nothing
set objShell = nothing

But the result is always the same: the client gets stuck (progress bar
running and nothing happens) and after a while the server stops
responding to all asp requests.

How can I do that (let the user choose a folder on fileserver) using
this or another tecnique?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

Guido