Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP on Win 2003 Server

ASP on Win 2003 Server

Tim

My window server is going to be upgraded from Win NT 4.0 Server to Win 2003
Server. I don't know if I can put an ASP web application on this new server
without any problem. I guess ASP.NET would be better but right now I just
have a classic ASP. Can you help me about this? Or any article about this
issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
tim

Turkbear

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:01:27 -0800, Tim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My window server is going to be upgraded from Win NT 4.0 Server to Win 2003
>Server. I don't know if I can put an ASP web application on this new server
>without any problem. I guess ASP.NET would be better but right now I just
>have a classic ASP. Can you help me about this? Or any article about this
>issue would be greatly appreciated.
>Thank you,
>tim

Clasic asp apps run fine ( in our experience) - just be sure to enable them..IIS6/Server 2003 is more restrictive with
security and asp needs to be specifically enabled..

Dave Anderson

Tim wrote:
> My window server is going to be upgraded from Win NT 4.0 Server to
> Win 2003 Server. I don't know if I can put an ASP web application on
> this new server without any problem. I guess ASP.NET would be better
> but right now I just have a classic ASP. Can you help me about this?
> Or any article about this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Things that come to my mind right off the bat are buffering and CDO/CDONTS.
By default, IIS 4 buffering was off, while IIS 6 will be on:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...e6f3ee2b33.asp

If you are sending mail with CDONTS, you will definitely want to look here,
since CDONTS is not part of Server 2003:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...vr_cdo_top.asp

--
Dave Anderson