Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > copying page

copying page

Jeff

Is there a way, to make a page that gets info from a DB using scripting.
then take that page, and copy it to another folder, BUT, not having the
script there. making it become all html?
so the page would contain html, but would be the result of what was
scripted.

so i guess i am saying, that the page would become the source.

i hope i am explaining myself clearly

Jeff

Evertjan.

Jeff wrote on 30 jan 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> Is there a way, to make a page that gets info from a DB using scripting.
> then take that page, and copy it to another folder, BUT, not having the
> script there. making it become all html?
> so the page would contain html, but would be the result of what was
> scripted.
>
> so i guess i am saying, that the page would become the source.
>
> i hope i am explaining myself clearly

You can try serverside datamining via the web of your own page,
in that's what you mean.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Jeff wrote:
> Is there a way, to make a page that gets info from a DB using
> scripting. then take that page, and copy it to another folder, BUT,
> not having the script there. making it become all html?
> so the page would contain html, but would be the result of what was
> scripted.
>
> so i guess i am saying, that the page would become the source.
>
> i hope i am explaining myself clearly
>
> Jeff

1. Create the page that generates the html from the database info
2. Create another page that uses ServerXMLHTTP to run the first page, saving
the ResponseText into a variable, whose contents are subsequently written
into a file using a FileSystemObject.

Do a search at www.aspfaq.com for articles relating to these terms.

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Evertjan.

Jeff wrote on 30 jan 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> not sure what you mean by datamining. guess i will have to cearch that

Bob writes the same in his parallel posting but is as usual more explicit.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Jeff

> Jeff wrote on 30 jan 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>
>> Is there a way, to make a page that gets info from a DB using scripting.
>> then take that page, and copy it to another folder, BUT, not having the
>> script there. making it become all html?
>> so the page would contain html, but would be the result of what was
>> scripted.
>>
>> so i guess i am saying, that the page would become the source.
>>
>> i hope i am explaining myself clearly

> You can try serverside datamining via the web of your own page,
> in that's what you mean.

not sure what you mean by datamining. guess i will have to cearch that

thanks