Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > setting printer option from ASP page

setting printer option from ASP page

Bob

Hi,

I have several asp pages which contains maps and I would like to provide an
easy way for users to print this maps and they do not have to go through
printer setup before they hit print on browser. I need to pre set the printer
to landscape and 11x17 from my asp page. Is it possible? How can I do this?

Thanks,

Bob Lehmann

>> Is it possible?

No.

Bob Lehmann

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have several asp pages which contains maps and I would like to provide

an
> easy way for users to print this maps and they do not have to go through
> printer setup before they hit print on browser. I need to pre set the

printer
> to landscape and 11x17 from my asp page. Is it possible? How can I do

this?

> Thanks,

Larry Bud

Bob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have several asp pages which contains maps and I would like to provide an
> easy way for users to print this maps and they do not have to go through
> printer setup before they hit print on browser. I need to pre set the printer
> to landscape and 11x17 from my asp page. Is it possible? How can I do this?

No, ASP is a server side language. By the time the browser gets the
HTML, ASP has already done it's job.

What kind of maps do you have? Are they interactive? If they're
static, why not create PDFs file your users? Even if they're not
static I would do that.