Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Reading filename and insert

Reading filename and insert

Joey Martin

Can someone help me with a quick script.

I need to browse filenames in a directory and insert them into my sql
table. I want to run this in an ASP page. I know how to connect to the
database, etc. I just need the script on how to get the filenames.

directory: C:\websites\photos
tablename: photos
fieldname: photoname

Bob Barrows [MVP]

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2039

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Tim Slattery

Joey Martin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can someone help me with a quick script.
>
>I need to browse filenames in a directory and insert them into my sql
>table. I want to run this in an ASP page. I know how to connect to the
>database, etc. I just need the script on how to get the filenames.

Under normal security arrangements, you do not have access to the
client's file system.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)