Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Error: visual studio .NET cannot run/preview the offline web project ...

Error: visual studio .NET cannot run/preview the offline web project ...

Nightdrive

I have VS.NET 2003
It was working fine, but I had to uninstall/reinstall IIS due to some
wierdness (which it turns out was due to a zone alarm update, but I digress)
I've reinstalled the .NET 1.1 SDK, and still get the above error message
when I first try to View in Browser.
This project only uses html, so it's not an issue yet, but I plan on using
aspx soon.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything in
existing posts.

TIA

Greg

John Saunders

"Nightdrive" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have VS.NET 2003
> It was working fine, but I had to uninstall/reinstall IIS due to some
> wierdness (which it turns out was due to a zone alarm update, but I

digress)
> I've reinstalled the .NET 1.1 SDK, and still get the above error message
> when I first try to View in Browser.
> This project only uses html, so it's not an issue yet, but I plan on using
> aspx soon.
>
> Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything in
> existing posts.

Do you have "work offline" set in IE?
--
John Saunders
johnwsaundersiii at hotmail

Nightdrive

"John Saunders" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Nightdrive" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have VS.NET 2003
> > It was working fine, but I had to uninstall/reinstall IIS due to some
> > wierdness (which it turns out was due to a zone alarm update, but I

> digress)
> > I've reinstalled the .NET 1.1 SDK, and still get the above error message
> > when I first try to View in Browser.
> > This project only uses html, so it's not an issue yet, but I plan on

using
> > aspx soon.
> >
> > Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything in
> > existing posts.

> Do you have "work offline" set in IE?
> --
> John Saunders
> johnwsaundersiii at hotmail

No, and i've not needed to do that in teh past (before I reinstalled IIS)

The full error message is:
"Visual Studio .NET can not run/preview the offline web project because your
machine's default ASP.NET version is not supported. you must ensure that
your machine is upgraded to ASP.NET v1.1."

VS thinks I'm not running the .NET Framework v1.1

Greg

John Saunders

"Nightdrive" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "John Saunders" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Nightdrive" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I have VS.NET 2003
> > > It was working fine, but I had to uninstall/reinstall IIS due to some
> > > wierdness (which it turns out was due to a zone alarm update, but I

> > digress)
> > > I've reinstalled the .NET 1.1 SDK, and still get the above error

message
> > > when I first try to View in Browser.
> > > This project only uses html, so it's not an issue yet, but I plan on

> using
> > > aspx soon.
> > >
> > > Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything

in
> > > existing posts.

> > Do you have "work offline" set in IE?
> > --
> > John Saunders
> > johnwsaundersiii at hotmail
> >

> No, and i've not needed to do that in teh past (before I reinstalled IIS)
>
> The full error message is:
> "Visual Studio .NET can not run/preview the offline web project because

your
> machine's default ASP.NET version is not supported. you must ensure that
> your machine is upgraded to ASP.NET v1.1."
>
> VS thinks I'm not running the .NET Framework v1.1

First thing to try is to run

%windir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_ regiis -i

Then try again.
--
John Saunders
johnwsaundersiii at hotmail

Nightdrive

"John Saunders" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Nightdrive" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "John Saunders" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > "Nightdrive" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

some
> > > digress)

> message

> > using

anything
> in
> > >
> > > Do you have "work offline" set in IE?
> > > --
> > > John Saunders
> > > johnwsaundersiii at hotmail
> > >

> > No, and i've not needed to do that in teh past (before I reinstalled

IIS)

> > The full error message is:
> > "Visual Studio .NET can not run/preview the offline web project because

> your
> > machine's default ASP.NET version is not supported. you must ensure that
> > your machine is upgraded to ASP.NET v1.1."
> >
> > VS thinks I'm not running the .NET Framework v1.1

> First thing to try is to run
>
> %windir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_ regiis -i
>
> Then try again.
> --
> John Saunders
> johnwsaundersiii at hotmail

Worked a treat.
I was surprised a .NET SDK install didn't do this for me. Oh well!
Many thanks. I had no idea where to go with this one.

Greg