Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > redirecting to non aspx page

redirecting to non aspx page

James Wallace

Is it possible to use forms authentication in the web.config file and
FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage with an asp page so that
when the asp page is set to startup page on the project that a
redirection will go to the login page and allowing the authentication
to occur before going to the asp page.

I have an asp page that I want to redirect to after authenticating and
if I set the asp as the startup page it starts up with that page
instead of redirecting first to the login page and then to the asp
page.

When I use an aspx page as the startup page the redirection to the
login page works fine, but html or asp will not work.

Thanks for any help you can provide.