Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Error I don't understand

Error I don't understand

Jeff

Ok gang. Here is one I haven't seen before.
I have a page that creates an image with text put on it using persists. he
text is based on a variable.
It has been working perfectly fine until today. now i get this error.

Persits.Jpeg.1 error '800a000d'

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

/GIG/past_results2.asp, line 64

Here is line 64

TitleWidth = Jpeg.Canvas.GetTextExtent( "Meeting #"&var )

var = request.querystring("meeting")

it is passed from a previous page. As i stated, it was working perfectly
until now. Is it possible that a folder has reached it's limits on how many
files it can contain or something??

Jeff

paul@bullschmidt.com

Why do I get errors in the 800A0001 -> 800A000F range?
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2389

Best regards,
-Paul
www.Bullschmidt.com - Freelance Web and Database Developer
www.Bullschmidt.com/DevTip.asp - Classic ASP Design Tips

Jeff

thanks... but I didn't see my specific error on that page. unless i over
looked it

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Why do I get errors in the 800A0001 -> 800A000F range?
> http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2389
>
> Best regards,
> -Paul
> www.Bullschmidt.com - Freelance Web and Database Developer
> www.Bullschmidt.com/DevTip.asp - Classic ASP Design Tips

Jevon

Is this a dedicated machine? Have you checked for harddrive space and/or
temp file directories? For how long has it been working perfectly fine?

Jevon

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok gang. Here is one I haven't seen before.
> I have a page that creates an image with text put on it using persists. he
> text is based on a variable.
> It has been working perfectly fine until today. now i get this error.
>
> Persits.Jpeg.1 error '800a000d'
>
> Not enough storage is available to process this command.
>
> /GIG/past_results2.asp, line 64
>
> Here is line 64
>
> TitleWidth = Jpeg.Canvas.GetTextExtent( "Meeting #"&var )
>

> var = request.querystring("meeting")
>
> it is passed from a previous page. As i stated, it was working perfectly
> until now. Is it possible that a folder has reached it's limits on how
> many files it can contain or something??
>
> Jeff

Jevon

Is this a dedicated machine? Have you checked for harddrive space and/or
temp file directories? For how long has it been working perfectly fine?

Jevon

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok gang. Here is one I haven't seen before.
> I have a page that creates an image with text put on it using persists. he
> text is based on a variable.
> It has been working perfectly fine until today. now i get this error.
>
> Persits.Jpeg.1 error '800a000d'
>
> Not enough storage is available to process this command.
>
> /GIG/past_results2.asp, line 64
>
> Here is line 64
>
> TitleWidth = Jpeg.Canvas.GetTextExtent( "Meeting #"&var )
>

> var = request.querystring("meeting")
>
> it is passed from a previous page. As i stated, it was working perfectly
> until now. Is it possible that a folder has reached it's limits on how
> many files it can contain or something??
>
> Jeff

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Jeff wrote:
> Ok gang. Here is one I haven't seen before.
> I have a page that creates an image with text put on it using
> persists. he text is based on a variable.
> It has been working perfectly fine until today. now i get this error.
>
> Persits.Jpeg.1 error '800a000d'
>
> Not enough storage is available to process this command.
>
> /GIG/past_results2.asp, line 64
>
> Here is line 64
>
> TitleWidth = Jpeg.Canvas.GetTextExtent( "Meeting #"&var )

I've never used Persits so i have no clue. But here are the results of a
google search:

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...0a000d+Persits

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Jeff

This is on a host server that i lease, and have had for over 3 years now.
It worked fine for the last year. I have done nothing to that page or
script.

"Jevon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is this a dedicated machine? Have you checked for harddrive space and/or
> temp file directories? For how long has it been working perfectly fine?
>
> Jevon
>

> "Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Ok gang. Here is one I haven't seen before.
>> I have a page that creates an image with text put on it using persists.
>> he text is based on a variable.
>> It has been working perfectly fine until today. now i get this error.
>>
>> Persits.Jpeg.1 error '800a000d'
>>
>> Not enough storage is available to process this command.
>>
>> /GIG/past_results2.asp, line 64
>>
>> Here is line 64
>>
>> TitleWidth = Jpeg.Canvas.GetTextExtent( "Meeting #"&var )
>>

>> var = request.querystring("meeting")
>>
>> it is passed from a previous page. As i stated, it was working perfectly
>> until now. Is it possible that a folder has reached it's limits on how
>> many files it can contain or something??
>>
>> Jeff

Jevon

Well it sounds like it's filled up a temp drive/folder - maybe ask your host
to check disk space and clear out temp files?
A quick search found harddrive space might be an issue, others reported a
restart fixed it, which might have caused a clean up too.

Jevon

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> This is on a host server that i lease, and have had for over 3 years now.
> It worked fine for the last year. I have done nothing to that page or
> script.
>

> "Jevon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is this a dedicated machine? Have you checked for harddrive space and/or
>> temp file directories? For how long has it been working perfectly fine?
>>
>> Jevon
>>

>> "Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Ok gang. Here is one I haven't seen before.
>>> I have a page that creates an image with text put on it using persists.
>>> he text is based on a variable.
>>> It has been working perfectly fine until today. now i get this error.
>>>
>>> Persits.Jpeg.1 error '800a000d'
>>>
>>> Not enough storage is available to process this command.
>>>
>>> /GIG/past_results2.asp, line 64
>>>
>>> Here is line 64
>>>
>>> TitleWidth = Jpeg.Canvas.GetTextExtent( "Meeting #"&var )
>>>

>>> var = request.querystring("meeting")
>>>
>>> it is passed from a previous page. As i stated, it was working perfectly
>>> until now. Is it possible that a folder has reached it's limits on how
>>> many files it can contain or something??
>>>
>>> Jeff

Jeff

Ok. the problem was on the server side. they said they made the folder an
application, and that fixed it. can someone explain what that means??

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> This is on a host server that i lease, and have had for over 3 years now.
> It worked fine for the last year. I have done nothing to that page or
> script.
>

> "Jevon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is this a dedicated machine? Have you checked for harddrive space and/or
>> temp file directories? For how long has it been working perfectly fine?
>>
>> Jevon
>>

>> "Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Ok gang. Here is one I haven't seen before.
>>> I have a page that creates an image with text put on it using persists.
>>> he text is based on a variable.
>>> It has been working perfectly fine until today. now i get this error.
>>>
>>> Persits.Jpeg.1 error '800a000d'
>>>
>>> Not enough storage is available to process this command.
>>>
>>> /GIG/past_results2.asp, line 64
>>>
>>> Here is line 64
>>>
>>> TitleWidth = Jpeg.Canvas.GetTextExtent( "Meeting #"&var )
>>>

>>> var = request.querystring("meeting")
>>>
>>> it is passed from a previous page. As i stated, it was working perfectly
>>> until now. Is it possible that a folder has reached it's limits on how
>>> many files it can contain or something??
>>>
>>> Jeff

Dave Anderson

Jeff wrote:
> Ok. the problem was on the server side. they said they made the
> folder an application, and that fixed it. can someone explain what
> that means??

In the IIS console, a folder can be designated as the root of an
"application", which means it gets its own resources (such as session
variables) and can make use of its own global.asa.

--
Dave Anderson