Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Upload file to server via asp without changing file permissions

Upload file to server via asp without changing file permissions

N. Quisitive

Hello,

I have a dilemma that has haunted me for a couple of months now. I am
developing a content management system for a client who has their
server managed by someone else (to be more specific, this system is
being built for a school in a university; the servers are managed by
the university and are highly secured). The problem is the
administrators will not change the write permissions on the folder I
would like to upload to. After several meetings on how to resolve this
issue, they finally informed me that I would need to somehow send
authentication information to the server (using our existing FTP
account). As long as they know that the person knocking on the server
door is an authorized user, I can upload files. Does anyone know how I
can programmatically send FTP user information to the server and allow
uploads from the browser via pure ASP? The closest article I could find
to addressing my issues is found here:
http://benmeg.com/code/asp/ftp.asp.html. However, I believe the write
permissions need to still be set for this to work (furthermore, I know
I won't be able to execute anything on the server). Your help would be
greatly appreciated. Our solution in the past has been to handle
uploads on an entirely different server, but we would very much like to
centralize everything. Thanks!