Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > remove cached page in browser

remove cached page in browser

Emily

I have three asp pages. The initial page is login.asp, it goes to page hello.asp. And hello.asp goes to page another.asp. If it goes back from hello.asp to login.asp, then in Internet Explorer, clicking on Back, the cache of the page hello.asp has been removed, which is the effect that I want. If it goes back from another.asp to login.asp, and then in Internet Explorer, clicking on Back, the page another.asp still remains. The top of asp codes for hello.asp and another.asp are the same:response.expires=0
response.expiresabsolute=now()-1
response.addheader "pragma","no-cache"
response.addheader "cache-control","private"
response.cachecontrol="no-cache"
session("permission")=true
response.buffer=true
Please tell me how I can let another.asp not being cached in browser. Thanks in advance.

Evertjan.

wrote on 16 jan 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> I have three asp pages. The initial page is login.asp, it goes to page
> hello.asp. And hello.asp goes to page another.asp. If it goes back
> from hello.asp to login.asp, then in Internet Explorer, clicking on
> Back, the cache of the page hello.asp has been removed, which is the
> effect that I want. If it goes back from another.asp to login.asp, and
> then in Internet Explorer, clicking on Back, the page another.asp
> still remains. The top of asp codes for hello.asp and another.asp are
> the same:response.expires=0 response.expiresabsolute=now()-1
> response.addheader "pragma","no-cache"
> response.addheader "cache-control","private"
> response.cachecontrol="no-cache"
> session("permission")=true
> response.buffer=true
> Please tell me how I can let another.asp not being cached in browser.
> Thanks in advance.

response.expires=0 works on some, perhaps most browsers,
IF the server UTC time and client UTC time are more or less synchronous.

Better try:

response.expires=-1000

However no approach is 100% fool proof,
so better have some serverside coded response to a resubmit.

If .... then response.write "What, again?"

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Emily

Hi Evertjan

It does not work. What is your email address? I cannot find it. I would like to send you the pages to ask you to have a look. Thanks.

Regards

Emily

Evertjan.

wrote on 16 jan 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> It does not work. What is your email address? I cannot find it. I
> would like to send you the pages to ask you to have a look. Thanks.

No please, advice in a common NG effort.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.