Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Need help desiding on a few things.

Need help desiding on a few things.

Christopher Brandsdal

Hi!

I have had HUGE sucsess with my latest webpage www.valdresromantikk.no.
The problem now is that I have too many visitors for my access database.
The IIS server hangs every 5 minutes.

I have over 30.000 pageviews each day.

Any opinion on the database? Should I go on to MSSQL server?
I also think I'm going to buy a new server for this site. It runs together
with 100 other small domains today.

Been looking at:

- PowerEdgeTM 1850
- PowerEdgeTM 2850

But can I run SQL on 2003 Server Web Edition??

Any help is good help!

Thanks Christopher Brandsdal

Paxton

Christopher Brandsdal wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have had HUGE sucsess with my latest webpage www.valdresromantikk.no.
> The problem now is that I have too many visitors for my access database.
> The IIS server hangs every 5 minutes.
>
> I have over 30.000 pageviews each day.
>
> Any opinion on the database? Should I go on to MSSQL server?
> I also think I'm going to buy a new server for this site. It runs together
> with 100 other small domains today.
>
> Been looking at:
>
> - PowerEdgeTM 1850
> - PowerEdgeTM 2850
>
> But can I run SQL on 2003 Server Web Edition??
>
> Any help is good help!
>
> Thanks Christopher Brandsdal

Busy site - I never realised there were so many lonely Norwegians!

I read somewhere that some tests showed that Access 2000 and Jet 4
should be capable of serving up 50,000 page impressions a day, but I've
lost the link to that particular article. And I guess that the page
impressions would need to be spaced out fairly evenly throughout the
period. You would also have to make sure you were as efficient as
possible with opening and closing connections in your code.

MS SQL Server would seem the obvious option, but you could also have a
look at MySql. I noticed that our French correspondent in another post
seems to have reached MySql's limit at 10,000,000 page views a month.
Your traffic is 10% of this.

/P.

Christopher Brandsdal

Thanks a bunch!

I think I'm gonna go for MS SQL anyway. I like the software LOL

My page peaks at 45.000-50.000 views, so I guess it's no strange the site is
hanging!

This is the server I am going for:

Item No.
Ant. .
Beskrivelse
..
Pris pr. enhet

Antall

Discount
Pris

*1
1
PowerEdge 2850 - Xeon 3.0GHz/2MB, 800FSB
24160.00

24160.00

2

PCI-X Riser Card - 3 PCI-X slots (64-bit/133MHz)

English - Documentation, PDU Power Cord

Bezel Assembly

2GB Single Rank DDR2 Memory (2x1GB)

No second Processor option

3.5 inch 1.44MB Floppy Drive

Floppy drive cable

146GB SCSI Ultra320 (10,000rpm) 1in 80 pin Hard Drive

PERC 4di Embedded RAID Option

8X IDE DVD-ROM Drive

CD/DVD cable

PV100T36/72G DAT72, Tape Drive, Internal, No SCSI Controller, Internal
cable

DAT72 Tape Cartridge, 5-pack, Dell-branded

Non Redundant power supply

English Windows 2003 Std Svr 5 CAL + CD & Docs, SP1 (12GB Partition)

OpenManage Server Software, with CD & documentation

Upg to Bronze 3Y NBD Premier Enterprise Support

Optional Server Installation - not selected (contact sales rep for
details)

Base Warranty

1Y NBD (Next Business Day)

Rapid rails for Dell & other 4 post square hole racks - PE2850

C03 MR1, RAID 1 using on-board RAID controller

PowerEdge Order - Norway

1

I also going to run MS SQL 2003 Standard. Does the Standard got averything I
need?

Thanks for your help Paxton!

"Paxton" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...