Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How do I set my local copy of IIS so that I can view my ASP pages?

How do I set my local copy of IIS so that I can view my ASP pages?

John

One of the things I've never figured out is how to view an ASP page on
my own computer.

I always have to upload it to the server, then view the page over the
Internet.

I assume there's a way to do this, and hopefully, I won't feel as much
of an idiot as I did earlier today when I found out how easy one of my
questions was. (I did some experimenting a month or so ago, but nothing
worked, then I dropped worrying about it since I could work-it-around.)

John
www.MAZES.com
www.MessageMazes.com
www.GodLovesEveryone.org
etcetera

Mark J. McGinty

news:Oar$sF$(E-Mail Removed)...
> One of the things I've never figured out is how to view an ASP page on
> my own computer.
>
> I always have to upload it to the server, then view the page over the
> Internet.

Make sure that IIS and the web server service are installed and running,
place your .asp files in the web root, and load them in the browser via the
loopback: http://localhost/myfile.asp

-Mark