Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Can't open a new Web Project in VB.net 2003

Can't open a new Web Project in VB.net 2003

Billallan_98272

XP Pro w/ Service pack 2
VB.net 2003
INstalled prerequisites, VB.net, MSDN library.

Tried to create a new Web Application.

I get an error message that states A connection with the server could not be
established. I've clicked on Help and none of the paths has corrected my
problem.

Ran aspnet_regiis.exe /i

I set permissions to account ASPNet (added) to the Users group.

shutoff Windows Firewall

I'm able to open http://localhost/localstart.asp.

I'm at a loss....

Billallan_98272

Also... Proxy settings shut off... I can see me own Localstart.asp page.

I'm seeing this on both Web Server Connection Access methods of File Share
and FrontPage Extensions.

"Billallan_98272" wrote:

> XP Pro w/ Service pack 2
> VB.net 2003
> INstalled prerequisites, VB.net, MSDN library.
>
> Tried to create a new Web Application.
>
> I get an error message that states A connection with the server could not be
> established. I've clicked on Help and none of the paths has corrected my
> problem.
>
> Ran aspnet_regiis.exe /i
>
> I set permissions to account ASPNet (added) to the Users group.
>
> shutoff Windows Firewall
>
> I'm able to open http://localhost/localstart.asp.
>
> I'm at a loss....

Paxton

Billallan_98272 wrote:
> Also... Proxy settings shut off... I can see me own Localstart.asp page.
>
> I'm seeing this on both Web Server Connection Access methods of File Share
> and FrontPage Extensions.
>
> "Billallan_98272" wrote:
>
> > XP Pro w/ Service pack 2
> > VB.net 2003
> > INstalled prerequisites, VB.net, MSDN library.
> >
> > Tried to create a new Web Application.
> >
> > I get an error message that states A connection with the server could not be
> > established. I've clicked on Help and none of the paths has corrected my
> > problem.
> >
> > Ran aspnet_regiis.exe /i
> >
> > I set permissions to account ASPNet (added) to the Users group.
> >
> > shutoff Windows Firewall
> >
> > I'm able to open http://localhost/localstart.asp.
> >
> > I'm at a loss....

This is a classic ASP news group, and your problem appears related to
ASP.NET. You will stand more chance of finding someone to answer your
questions over at microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

/P.