Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > anonymous user account name

anonymous user account name

Tom

I often have permission problems when I move my pages unto different servers.
It would be very handy if I could programmatically determine the anonymous
user account name from my asp page.
How can this be done since it is not in the request header for anonymous
requests?

TIA

--
Tom

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I often have permission problems when I move my pages unto different
>servers.
> It would be very handy if I could programmatically determine the anonymous
> user account name from my asp page.
> How can this be done since it is not in the request header for anonymous
> requests?

By default it is IUSR_servername ... are you doing something differently?

Tom

Yes, I know that is the default, but the guy who controls servers and
permissions likes to change things and it is always a problem.
So, how can I get at this from my web page?

--
Tom