Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Trouble with sitemap and roles in ASP2

Trouble with sitemap and roles in ASP2

chris.rust@microfocus.com

Has anyone else had any trouble setting up a sitemap view to be
filtered by roles?

We've put a cust role provider in place, and we can verify that it's
only being called once for each connection, and is returning the
correct roles, but...

When we specify a role on the top sitemapnode that role seems to add to
the roles on lower level nodes, so we end up needing to put roles="*"
on the top node, but then regardless of which role we put against the
subnodes they're all visible - seemingly inheriting this from the top
one.

Examples

<sitemapnode>
....contents
</sitemapnode>

Causes nothing to be displayed (since we have trimming on, and there is
no role listed)

<sitemapnode roles="*">
<sitemapnode roles="Users"/>
</sitemapnode>

Causes the inner node to be seen regardless of whether the user
connecting has a Users role or not

Any help/suggestions would be welcome

Bob Barrows [MVP]

> Has anyone else had any trouble setting up a sitemap view to be
> filtered by roles?

Sounds like you need to be asking this question over at
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET