Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > permissions problem

Reply
Thread Tools

permissions problem

 
 
Gonzosez
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-10-2006
I have created an email app with asp.
When I try to send I get this message.

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046)
Permission denied

I know it has something to do with the IUSR & IWAM accounts on the server.

How do these have to be set?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ray Costanzo [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-10-2006
Showing your code is usually helpful.

Give write permission to \inetpub\mailroot\pickup.

Ray at work

"Gonzosez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have created an email app with asp.
> When I try to send I get this message.
>
> Error Type:
> Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046)
> Permission denied
>
> I know it has something to do with the IUSR & IWAM accounts on the server.
>
> How do these have to be set?
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gonzosez
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-10-2006
here is the code

Dim objCDO
dim objConfig
Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
'Set objCDO =Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")

Dim strTo
Dim strFrom
Dim strSubject
Dim strBody
'Dim objCDO

strFrom = "(E-Mail Removed)"

strSubject = "Sample HTML Email sent from ASP 101!"

strBody = "text this email"

With objCDO
.To = strTo
.From = strFrom
.Subject = strSubject
.body = strBody
.Send
end with
set objCDO=nothing

The code stops on the .send
"Ray Costanzo [MVP]" <my first name at lane 34 dot commercial> wrote in
message news:u%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Showing your code is usually helpful.
>
> Give write permission to \inetpub\mailroot\pickup.
>
> Ray at work
>
> "Gonzosez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have created an email app with asp.
> > When I try to send I get this message.
> >
> > Error Type:
> > Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046)
> > Permission denied
> >
> > I know it has something to do with the IUSR & IWAM accounts on the

server.
> >
> > How do these have to be set?
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Kyle Peterson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-10-2006
it might not be permissions related on the server.. it could be lack of an
smtp server on the server .. or an invalid pickup directlory...or something
like that

just send your email using smtp authentication and a real email server that
you have a pop 3 account with and it should send out fine
like in this article
http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/...ail_cdosys.asp


"Gonzosez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> here is the code
>
> Dim objCDO
> dim objConfig
> Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
> 'Set objCDO =Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
>
> Dim strTo
> Dim strFrom
> Dim strSubject
> Dim strBody
> 'Dim objCDO
>
> strFrom = "(E-Mail Removed)"
>
> strSubject = "Sample HTML Email sent from ASP 101!"
>
> strBody = "text this email"
>
> With objCDO
> .To = strTo
> .From = strFrom
> .Subject = strSubject
> .body = strBody
> .Send
> end with
> set objCDO=nothing
>
> The code stops on the .send
> "Ray Costanzo [MVP]" <my first name at lane 34 dot commercial> wrote in
> message news:u%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Showing your code is usually helpful.
>>
>> Give write permission to \inetpub\mailroot\pickup.
>>
>> Ray at work
>>
>> "Gonzosez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have created an email app with asp.
>> > When I try to send I get this message.
>> >
>> > Error Type:
>> > Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046)
>> > Permission denied
>> >
>> > I know it has something to do with the IUSR & IWAM accounts on the

> server.
>> >
>> > How do these have to be set?
>> >
>> >

>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Ray Costanzo [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-10-2006
Give IUSR permission to write to \inetpub\mailroot\pickup. The .send method
merely writes a text file to that directory, and then the SMTP service goes
and sweeps it up when it notices it's there.

Ray at work

"Gonzosez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> here is the code
>
> Dim objCDO
> dim objConfig
> Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
> 'Set objCDO =Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
>
> Dim strTo
> Dim strFrom
> Dim strSubject
> Dim strBody
> 'Dim objCDO
>
> strFrom = "(E-Mail Removed)"
>
> strSubject = "Sample HTML Email sent from ASP 101!"
>
> strBody = "text this email"
>
> With objCDO
> .To = strTo
> .From = strFrom
> .Subject = strSubject
> .body = strBody
> .Send
> end with
> set objCDO=nothing
>
> The code stops on the .send



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XP Pro SP2..Permissions problem I think =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBMbG95ZA==?= Wireless Networking 4 07-06-2007 11:12 PM
In-depth documenation on User Permissions, Group Permissions, ACLs, DCLs etc. Curt K ASP .Net 0 11-03-2006 04:54 PM
ASPX file returning obscur runtime error - after changing permissions to a subweb (.net app) to different permissions than on its parent ? Isabelle ASP .Net 0 08-11-2004 02:04 PM
Re: Permissions - giving "everyone" full permissions is bad ? Scott Allen ASP .Net 0 07-13-2004 08:54 PM
Can't fork exec from webpage, problem is not permissions Patrick Perl 1 05-14-2004 12:03 PM



Advertisments