Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Visio 2002 drawing generation with ASP & IIS5

Visio 2002 drawing generation with ASP & IIS5

Ashley Bryant

I have a web application built in ASP 3.0 that uses data from SQL Server 2000
to generate Visio 2002 drawings, save the drawings to a file on the webserver
and then send that file to the browser. We've successfully installed and ran
the application with Windows 2000 server, Windows Server 2003 (Web Edition
and Enterprise), Windows 2000 Professional, and Windows XP and with SQL
Server 7 and 2000.

Now we've attempted another installation (IIS on Win2K AS and SQL 2K on
Win2K AS) and we get no response from Visio. The Visio process is being
started on the server, but it appears as if nothing happens after that. The
administrator of the web server cannot end the process through the task
manager either, which is rather puzzling. The script also does not seem to
be timing out, even though we have a script timeout set for 30 seconds in the
global.asa file.

Anyone have some thoughts on this?

Ashley Bryant

I have yet to receive a reply here. Anyone have any ideas?