Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > cookie related

cookie related

abcd

I have 2 web sites hosted on 2 different machies (pages are in classic asp)

when the user accesses http://Machine1/testapp then a cookie is written say

Response.Cookies("user")="Alex"

Whe the user acceses http://Machine2/testapp then a cookie is written as

Response.Cookies("user")="Alex"

before machine2 writes a cookie I need to check if the browser already hase
Machine1 cookie, if yes then dont write if no then only write.

I know the different hostnames generate different cookies....but is there
any way for machine2 code to check client browser cookie for machine1.

thanks in advance

[I am not a hacker, my application demands this situation]

cheers !

Evertjan.

abcd wrote on 20 dec 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> I know the different hostnames generate different cookies....but is
> there any way for machine2 code to check client browser cookie for
> machine1.

I hope not.

> [I am not a hacker, my application demands this situation]

I am not a burgler, so please leave your key in the front door lock.