Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ServerXMLHTTP requests on the same Web Application

ServerXMLHTTP requests on the same Web Application

Lambuz

Hi all,
I've got this problem.
On server A I've a web application WA1.
Inside WA1 there are a virtual directory VD1 and an ASP page named
page1.asp.
Inside VD1 there is another ASP page named page2.asp.

page1.asp makes a ServerXMLHTTP requests for page2.asp.

If Debugging Flags on WA1 are enabled the request seems to be blocked,
if those flags are disabled everything seems to be ok.

Is my problem really solved ?

Best regards

Pat [MSFT]

You really, really, really don't want to make a recursive call to your own
app. The reason it was hanging with debugging on is that only 1 ASP thread
is allowed to execute at a time. When you turn debugging off, you get
#CPU*25 threads. That said, under stress you could end up having the exact
same thing happen - i.e. thread starvation.

Pat

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...