Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > '800a0e79' Operation is not allowed when the object is open

'800a0e79' Operation is not allowed when the object is open

middletree

I'm having a hard time finding out why I'm getting this error. Seems to work
just fine on another site I built. I went to ASPFAQ.com, Microsoft.com, and
some other sites. Have not been able to spot the problem yet.

Very simple code:

First, the connection:
strConnection ="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source="&server.mappath(".\**.mdb")&";User Id=***;Password=***;"
filePath = Server.MapPath("***.mdb")

Next, the code, which queries one table in an Access database, and pulls a
city, state, name, and phone number, all of which are of type Memo:

<% Set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
objConnection.ConnectionString = strConnection
objConnection.Open

strSQL = "select State, City, BranchID, Phone, BranchName from CMMain "

set RS = objConnection.execute (strSQL)
RS.Open strSQL, objConnection,1,1

If Not RS.EOF Then
Do While not rs.EOF
strState = rs("State")
strCity = rs("City")
strBranchID = rs("BranchID")
strPhone = rs("Phone")
strBranchName = rs("BranchName")
%>
<%=strBranchName%>
<%=strCity%>
<%=strState%>
<%=strPhone%>
<%Response.Clear()
Loop
End if
set rs = nothing
set ObjConnection = nothing
%>

middletree

Got past it.

this was redundant, so I got rid of the second line: