Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > buffer limit

buffer limit

middletree

Here's the error I am getting:
Response object error 'ASP 0251 : 80004005'
Response Buffer Limit Exceeded
Execution of the ASP page caused the Response Buffer to exceed its
configured limit

I then went to aspfaq.com, which told me to add the Response.Clear(), which
you'll see below. Since adding this, I get a timeout.

First, the connection:
strConnection ="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source="&server.mappath(".\**.mdb")&";User Id=***;Password=***;"
filePath = Server.MapPath("***.mdb")

Next, the code, which queries one table in an Access database, and pulls a
city, state, name, and phone number, all of which are of type Memo:

<% Set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
objConnection.ConnectionString = strConnection
objConnection.Open

strSQL = "select State, City, BranchID, Phone, BranchName from CMMain "
Set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
RS.Open strSQL, objConnection,1,1
Do While not rs.EOF
strState = rs("State")
strCity = rs("City")
strBranchID = rs("BranchID")
strPhone = rs("Phone")
strBranchName = rs("BranchName")
%>
<%=strBranchName%>
<%=strCity%>
<%=strState%>
<%=strPhone%>
<%
Response.Clear()
Loop
set rs = nothing
set ObjConnection = nothing
%>

middletree

Well, I changed:

> Set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

set RS = objConnection.execute (strSQL)

and it works now. I mean, I get a different error, but I will work on that.

Weird. I thought if I was pulling up a set of data, it has to be a
recordset.

Danny@Kendal

"middletree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Here's the error I am getting:
> Response object error 'ASP 0251 : 80004005'
> Response Buffer Limit Exceeded
> Execution of the ASP page caused the Response Buffer to exceed its
> configured limit
>
> I then went to aspfaq.com, which told me to add the Response.Clear(),
> which you'll see below. Since adding this, I get a timeout.

I'm no expert but I hope the following might help.

I have a What's On page which uses the response buffer to hopefully speed
things up. The layout I use is something like this:

response.buffer=true
[open database]
[perform database query]
[response.write the values]