Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Global variable in ASP 3.0

Global variable in ASP 3.0

Dave

In classic ASP (ASP 3.0), can I create a variable in global.asa and
reference it from other pages in my web app? If so, how?

So far it appears that anything I create in Application_onStart() is not
visible from other pages.

Evertjan.

Dave wrote on 10 dec 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> In classic ASP (ASP 3.0), can I create a variable in global.asa and
> reference it from other pages in my web app? If so, how?
>
> So far it appears that anything I create in Application_onStart() is
> not visible from other pages.

Use an application variable.

<http://www.google.com/search?q=asp+application.variable>

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Dave

Thank you Evertjan

That link took me to a very helpful ASP site:
http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_globalasa.asp

Dave