Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Full domain name in Logon_User

Full domain name in Logon_User

JPG

Hi all,
I'm using Windows Integrated Authentication on my company intranet ASP web
site (IIS6 W2K3).
I would like to know how could I get the full Active Directory domain name
from the Logon_User variable.
I always get the netbios name of the domain, but I need the full domain name
to be able to distinguish users (because actually there is two companies on
the intranet having their AD forest linked, but also having some subdomains
with identical netbios name !).
I mean, for instance for a user login "theuser" coming from the domain is
"thedomain.thecompany.com", I need to get in Logon_User environement variable
the following content: "thedomain.thecompany.com\theuser"
At the moment I only get "thedomain\theuser", excepted if I switch to basic
authentication, that I don't want.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Jean-Philippe