Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Getting my windows 2003 server with II6 & ASP.NET to run ASP

Getting my windows 2003 server with II6 & ASP.NET to run ASP

peter.bailey@innogy.com

I've had a new server installed for me.. with Windows 2003 and II6 with
ASP.NET

..but I want to run a small (but important) application written in ASP
(all .ASP files)

as it stands the server will not 'understand' .ASP files (only .ASPx)

To avoid having to modify the whole application ( :-} ) can I get the
server to execute
..ASP files ???? (is it as simple as copying over an existing II4
ASP.DLL and installing that ????

Turkbear

On 1 Dec 2005 13:07:10 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I've had a new server installed for me.. with Windows 2003 and II6 with
>ASP.NET
>
>.but I want to run a small (but important) application written in ASP
>(all .ASP files)
>
>as it stands the server will not 'understand' .ASP files (only .ASPx)
>
>To avoid having to modify the whole application ( :-} ) can I get the
>server to execute
>.ASP files ???? (is it as simple as copying over an existing II4
>ASP.DLL and installing that ????

There is a security setting in IIS6 that, by default, prohibits .asp pages from running..

I do not have one handy to tell you exactly where, but a search of Google or the IIS6 help files should reveal what to
do to enable them - They do run fine on IIS6

Bob Barrows [MVP]

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2476
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET