Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c9'

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c9'

PaulieS

Hi all.

Am migrating a customer from IIS5 on W2K server to IIS6 on W2K3.
Zipped all the websites and unzipped them to the identical locations
on new server. Used IISMT to migrate metabase.

Got this error when I tried to run a very basic page... code:

<%@ LANGUAGE=vbscript %>
<%
response.write ("Hello<br>")
%>

Error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c9'

This key is already associated with an element of this collection

/LM/W3SVC/3/Root/include/inc.db.global.asp, line 13

The global.asa file in the root which is as follows uses the
inc.db.global.asp includes (top 13 lines follow):

<OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application ID=APPDataTables
PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>
<OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application ID=APPQueryMap
PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>
<OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application ID=APPSettings
PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>
<OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application ID=APPScreens
PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>
<OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application ID=APPText
PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>

<OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Session ID=SESUser
PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>
<OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Session ID=SESUserPrefs
PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>

<!--#INCLUDE FILE="include/inc.db.connection.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="include/inc.db.common.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="include/inc.db.global.asp" -->

The file inc.db.global.asp first 15 lines follow:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBScript RUNAT=Server>

'************************************************* *****************
'* Function: InitQueryMap()
'* Purpose: initializes sql query strings to be used by ADO objects in
app
'* Inputs: none, but requires APPQueryMap in global.asa
'* Author: V.M.
'************************************************* *****************
Function InitQueryMap()
REM -- Create Query Map Dictionary

REM -- System Queries
APPQueryMap.Add "sp_app_screens", "sp_app_screens"
APPQueryMap.Add "sp_app_settings", "sp_app_settings"
APPQueryMap.Add "sp_app_text", "sp_app_text"

Nothing has changed from their existing production environment, yet I
can't get any .asp pages to display. Pages with a .htm extension
render fine.

If I delete the global.asa file then basic asp pages work. I have tried
commenting, line by line, items in the inc.db.global.asp file. The
error just identifies the next line down in the includes file.

Any help would be appreciated.
PaulieS

Mark Schupp

owie #1: scripting.dictionary was not designed to be kept at application
scope (iis5 should have choked on it).

And one fix (has to load from text file):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...dictionary.asp

The expected error from above is different than you are getting. Try setting
up a simple site and virtual directory manually on the new system (to rule
out metabase conversion problems). Then build a simplified version of your
global.asa (first just include one object tag, then add a statement to add
one entry to the dictionary).

--
--Mark Schupp

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...