Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Random recordsets

Random recordsets

polilop

I have a query to a database that returns some recordsets. What i need to do
is pick 5 random recordsets from those retreved from the query???

Evertjan.

polilop wrote on 25 nov 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> I have a query to a database that returns some recordsets. What i need
> to do is pick 5 random recordsets from those retreved from the
> query???

Put them [their ID] in an array,
randomly take one and label that arrayitem,
replace the array with one without the labeled one,
do the above 5 times.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.