Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Internet Guest Account permssion

Internet Guest Account permssion

Jack

Hi,
We have recently upgraded our web server. The web server is in a remote
location and is being administered by a contract company. After the upgrade,
one of the location of our database (access) has been asssigned the following
rights:
Read and Write. There are two more permissions i.e. Read & Execute and List
Folder Contents which were not given permssion. With this scenario, I cannot
add or update records on a web application tied to this Access database. My
question:
Is the Read & Execute not essential in order for me to insert and update or
even select record in the web application. Thanks for any help in advance.

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> We have recently upgraded our web server. The web server is in a remote
> location and is being administered by a contract company. After the
> upgrade,
> one of the location of our database (access) has been asssigned the
> following
> rights:
> Read and Write. There are two more permissions i.e. Read & Execute and
> List
> Folder Contents which were not given permssion. With this scenario, I
> cannot
> add or update records on a web application tied to this Access database.
> My
> question:
> Is the Read & Execute not essential in order for me to insert and update
> or
> even select record in the web application. Thanks for any help in advance.

It is essential.
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...y/centers/iis/

Jack

Thanks for the link Tom. I appreciate it. Best regards.

"Tom Kaminski [MVP]" wrote:

> "Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> > We have recently upgraded our web server. The web server is in a remote
> > location and is being administered by a contract company. After the
> > upgrade,
> > one of the location of our database (access) has been asssigned the
> > following
> > rights:
> > Read and Write. There are two more permissions i.e. Read & Execute and
> > List
> > Folder Contents which were not given permssion. With this scenario, I
> > cannot
> > add or update records on a web application tied to this Access database.
> > My
> > question:
> > Is the Read & Execute not essential in order for me to insert and update
> > or
> > even select record in the web application. Thanks for any help in advance.

> It is essential.
> http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009
>
> --
> Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...y/centers/iis/
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> http://www.iistoolshed.com/ - tools, scripts, and utilities for running IIS

Kyle Peterson

http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/...ermissions.asp

http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/...ermissions.asp

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> We have recently upgraded our web server. The web server is in a remote
> location and is being administered by a contract company. After the
> upgrade,
> one of the location of our database (access) has been asssigned the
> following
> rights:
> Read and Write. There are two more permissions i.e. Read & Execute and
> List
> Folder Contents which were not given permssion. With this scenario, I
> cannot
> add or update records on a web application tied to this Access database.
> My
> question:
> Is the Read & Execute not essential in order for me to insert and update
> or
> even select record in the web application. Thanks for any help in advance.

Wireless Internet Access for Guest Account Fantine Wireless Networking 3 07-07-2008 03:14 PM
Enabling wireless internet access for the Guest account =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?= Wireless Networking 5 01-25-2006 01:00 AM
Guest Account =?Utf-8?B?SmVzc3lFenp5?= ASP .Net 2 05-24-2005 08:42 PM
Permssion changed Krish ASP General 3 08-12-2003 05:17 PM
Guest Account PWB Computer Support 2 07-15-2003 09:59 AM

Advertisments