Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Update Record

Update Record

Bayern66

This is probably a easy answer for you guys. Just trying to find the
easiest way to do this.

I want to click on a link and update a field in a recordset, but don't want
to leave the current page.

HrngID is the link
I want to change the Canceled field from a 1 to 0 when clicking on the link

I know I can use a onclick event, but not sure if these is an easier way.
Can I do like a onclick and run a SQL statement on one line?

Phillip Windell

"Bayern66" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to click on a link and update a field in a recordset, but don't

want
> to leave the current page.

No. You have to leave the page.

> HrngID is the link
> I want to change the Canceled field from a 1 to 0 when clicking on the

link

> I know I can use a onclick event, but not sure if these is an easier way.
> Can I do like a onclick and run a SQL statement on one line?

The OnClick is "client-side",..the databse is "Server-side",...two different
"worlds".

--
Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: Guidance
http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/t...dance/2004.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/t...dance/2000.asp

Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: Partners
http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/partners/default.asp