Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Framework 1.0 web application throws exception on Windows Server 2

Framework 1.0 web application throws exception on Windows Server 2

Shehab Kamal

I have created an ASP.NET (VB.NET) project using Framework 1.0. The project
runs perfectly on Windows Server 2000 (after installing the Framework 1.0)
however on Windows Server 2003 (after installing Framework 1.0 as well) all
the web forms run except for a web form that contains a CrystalReportViewer
control.
In this web form an exception occurs whose message is
(UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to path "dynamic-images" is denied).
When I searched for a file named dynamic in the whole computer I didn't find
any!
As a safeguard I have given the "ASPNET" account and "Everyone" full control
over almost all significant folders (Program Files, Windows/Microsoft .Net
and InetPub).
Is there are any special arrangement to be made to make Framework 1.0 web
applications work on Windows Server 2003?
Thanks,
Shehab.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Shehab Kamal wrote:
> I have created an ASP.NET (VB.NET) project using Framework 1.0.

> The
> project runs perfectly on Windows Server 2000 (after installing the
> Framework 1.0) however on Windows Server 2003 (after installing
> Framework 1.0 as well) all the web forms run except for a web form
> that contains a CrystalReportViewer control.
> In this web form an exception occurs whose message is
> (UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to path "dynamic-images" is
> denied). When I searched for a file named dynamic in the whole
> computer I didn't find any!
> As a safeguard I have given the "ASPNET" account and "Everyone" full
> control over almost all significant folders (Program Files,
> Windows/Microsoft .Net and InetPub).
> Is there are any special arrangement to be made to make Framework 1.0
> web applications work on Windows Server 2003?

See if this helps:
http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5866

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Shehab Kamal

The link you provided is very helpful, thank you.