Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > can a proxy connection be detected?

can a proxy connection be detected?

yabba

can a proxy connection be detected when someone is connecting to our web
server using a proxy?

tia

Michael Evanchik

yes and no. Most compliant proxy servers leave a proxy header inside the
http header. True proxy servers that are hiding the identity will not.

Look into the entire HTTP header and how one is used in a proxy situation on
the RFC

Michael Evanchik
www.MichaelEvanchik.com