Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Cache-Control: private stopping Google from caching them?

Cache-Control: private stopping Google from caching them?

Warren

Hello,

My website is on a server that places Cache-Control: private in the
Header of the pages that are served. I see these pages are not cached
by Google (the Google Toolbar Cached Snapshop of Page function).

Is this directive from my server preventing Google from caching the
pages that have it or do I need to look into some other problem?

Thanks in advance for your input/feedback.

Warren

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Warren wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My website is on a server that places Cache-Control: private in the
> Header of the pages that are served. I see these pages are not cached
> by Google (the Google Toolbar Cached Snapshop of Page function).
>
> Is this directive from my server preventing Google from caching the
> pages that have it or do I need to look into some other problem?
>
> Thanks in advance for your input/feedback.

I would ask Google ...

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Warren

Thank you for your reply. I will follow through with your suggestion.

Warren