Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Basic Authentication

Basic Authentication

Chris Kennedy

I have an XML file which I access from a remote server like

Set http = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
http.open "GET","http://www.andrewlouis.co.uk/viewcountries.xml",false
http.send
strXML = http.responseText

The real server is password protected with, I think, with basic
authentication. How do I pass it the username and password.

McKirahan

"Chris Kennedy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an XML file which I access from a remote server like
>
> Set http = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
> http.open "GET","http://www.andrewlouis.co.uk/viewcountries.xml",false
> http.send
> strXML = http.responseText
>
> The real server is password protected with, I think, with basic
> authentication. How do I pass it the username and password.

Try:

http.open
"GET","http://www.andrewlouis.co.uk/viewcountries.xml",false,Username,Passwo
rd