Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > problem setting up web site (iis5) with asp

Reply
Thread Tools

problem setting up web site (iis5) with asp

 
 
barabba72@hotmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-28-2005
Hi all,

I cannot understand why,

I simply create a new web site using Windows 2000, IIS 5.
I use say c:\test as a home page, in this folder there is a file
homepage.asp.

I assign a dedicated ip address to this web site.
If I try to browse to this web site I just get a "You are not
authorized to view this page"

Why ?? I cannot understand where the problem is !

Thanks and Regards.

BTW, The homepage.asp contains:

<% @ Language=VBScript %>

<html>

<head>
<title>Home Page>
</head>

<body>

<% Response.Write "Hello World!" %>


</body>

</html>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bob Lehmann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-28-2005
Is the default document for the site set to be homepage.asp?

Have you tried http://whatever/homepage.asp?

Have you tried renaming it to default.asp?

Bob Lehmann

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I cannot understand why,
>
> I simply create a new web site using Windows 2000, IIS 5.
> I use say c:\test as a home page, in this folder there is a file
> homepage.asp.
>
> I assign a dedicated ip address to this web site.
> If I try to browse to this web site I just get a "You are not
> authorized to view this page"
>
> Why ?? I cannot understand where the problem is !
>
> Thanks and Regards.
>
> BTW, The homepage.asp contains:
>
> <% @ Language=VBScript %>
>
> <html>
>
> <head>
> <title>Home Page>
> </head>
>
> <body>
>
> <% Response.Write "Hello World!" %>
>
>
> </body>
>
> </html>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
barabba72@hotmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-28-2005
ok,
now it works !

Thanks.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Tim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-31-2005
Hi All,
I checked this post to see if it is applicable to my situation.
Unfortunately, I don't think so. I need help, too for setting up the asp
application. I have Win XP professional and IIS 5.1. I follow the direction
from a book that is for with Win 2000 and the server is Win NT 4.0. I have
tried to move ASP files to Inetpub/wwwroot/Test (where Test is a folder
sample I created), use the default asp page. I also created the virtua
directory. At the URL bar, I typed
http://localhost/Test/Default.asp.
The Default.asp does show up, but it does not show up the next asp page that
supposed to be show up after the first one show.

Do you think I can use Win 2000/Win XP and IIS 5.1 to write an ASP
application?
P.S. : I alread configur

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> ok,
> now it works !
>
> Thanks.
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Tim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-31-2005
Sorry, what I mean in the P.S. of the previous message is I already create
the application directory, creating the virtual directory, ODBC datasource. I
confuse about initializing the application-level variables. Can you tell me
about this? Thanks.
Tim

"Tim" wrote:

> Hi All,
> I checked this post to see if it is applicable to my situation.
> Unfortunately, I don't think so. I need help, too for setting up the asp
> application. I have Win XP professional and IIS 5.1. I follow the direction
> from a book that is for with Win 2000 and the server is Win NT 4.0. I have
> tried to move ASP files to Inetpub/wwwroot/Test (where Test is a folder
> sample I created), use the default asp page. I also created the virtua
> directory. At the URL bar, I typed
> http://localhost/Test/Default.asp.
> The Default.asp does show up, but it does not show up the next asp page that
> supposed to be show up after the first one show.
>
> Do you think I can use Win 2000/Win XP and IIS 5.1 to write an ASP
> application?
> P.S. : I alread configur




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layoutsresources cyber XML 1 12-25-2007 11:48 PM
Free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layoutsresources cyber HTML 0 12-24-2007 04:26 PM
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layoutsresources cyber HTML 0 12-21-2007 03:47 PM
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layoutsweb sites cyber HTML 1 12-19-2007 09:07 AM
"ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web Site" or "AJAX Control Toolkit Web Site"? mark4asp ASP .Net 1 03-24-2007 06:06 AM



Advertisments