Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ADODB.Connection error '800a0bb9'

ADODB.Connection error '800a0bb9'

wolverine1654@yahoo.com

I have an application that we are moving to a 2003 server using IIS6.
Currently, it works fine with IIS5 on a NT server. When I try to log
into the application and connect to an Oracle DB, I get the following
error:
ADODB.Connection error '800a0bb9'
Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in
conflict with one another.

Here is the code that is causing the error. The line where the error is
occuring is 'objDBConn.cursorlocation=adUseClient'
Sub OpenDB

strDBAction = "Open Database"

Set objDBConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

objDBConn.cursorlocation=adUseClient
objDBConn.Open Application("DB_CONNECTION_STRING")

If err.Number <> 0 OR objDBConn.Errors.Count <> 0 Then
Call ErrHandler
End If

End Sub

Any ideas anyone would have to help fix the problem would be greatly
appreciated. Thank you very much.

Mike

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Do you have adUseClient defined anywhere?

Ray at work

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have an application that we are moving to a 2003 server using IIS6.
> Currently, it works fine with IIS5 on a NT server. When I try to log
> into the application and connect to an Oracle DB, I get the following
> error:
> ADODB.Connection error '800a0bb9'
> Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in
> conflict with one another.
>
> Here is the code that is causing the error. The line where the error is
> occuring is 'objDBConn.cursorlocation=adUseClient'
> Sub OpenDB
>
> strDBAction = "Open Database"
>
> Set objDBConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
>
> objDBConn.cursorlocation=adUseClient
> objDBConn.Open Application("DB_CONNECTION_STRING")
>
> If err.Number <> 0 OR objDBConn.Errors.Count <> 0 Then
> Call ErrHandler
> End If
>
> End Sub
>
> Any ideas anyone would have to help fix the problem would be greatly
> appreciated. Thank you very much.
>
> Mike

Bullschmidt

http://www.aspfaq.com/search.asp?q=800a0bb9&x=9&y=10

Best regards,
J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
http://www.Bullschmidt.com
Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips