Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How to align elements and define resize behaviour?

How to align elements and define resize behaviour?

Alex Blekhman

Hello,

I'm experienced Windows programmer, however, I'm quite
novice in HTML technologies. Recently I was assigned a task
to write small utility for internal use in our development
team. I chose to write its GUI in HTML and make front end as
HTA.

While developing application's logic is no problem the HTML
layout and properties require some additional efforts. So, I
decided to ask my questions here, where almost everybody is
well proficient in HTML and far beyond hypertext markup.
Please, bear with me if my questions seem too dull.

My application is wizard-like and has following layout:

+---+---------+ I - image
| I | iframe | iframe - IFRAME object
| | | [] - buttons
|---+---------|
|[] | [][] []|
+---+---------+

It's regular table with elements inside each cell. Now the
questions:

1. How can I specify that width of I-cell will be
automatically adjusted to the width of image? Currently I
hardcoded WIDTH="N", where N is number of pixels.

2. How can I specify that height of second row (with
buttons) will be equal to the default height of button?

3. During document resize I want that:
a) width of first column (with image) won't change
b) height if second row (with buttons) won't change
c) height and width of iframe-cell can change freely

how can I achieve that? Currently, during resize whole table
changes proportionally.

Thanks in advance
Alex

Evertjan.

Alex Blekhman wrote on 24 okt 2005 in

> I'm experienced Windows programmer, however, I'm quite
> novice in HTML technologies. Recently I was assigned a task
> to write small utility for internal use in our development
> team. I chose to write its GUI in HTML and make front end as
> HTA.

[..]

Thids is all clientside browser stuff, and has nothing to do with
serverside ASP coding.

Please ask an appropriate NG.

I suggest you look at clientside javascript and use css styling.

among many others.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Alex Blekhman

Evertjan. wrote:
> Thids is all clientside browser stuff, and has nothing to
> do with serverside ASP coding.
>
> Please ask an appropriate NG.
>
> I suggest you look at clientside javascript and use css
> styling.

> among many others.

My question was not about scripting, actually. However,
thanks for prompt response and sorry for any inconvenience.

P.S. I reckon that comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html will
be more appropriate for my question though.

left align within centre align Paul Lautman HTML 3 03-03-2006 02:45 PM
text-align vs align tshad HTML 1 06-23-2005 10:29 PM
how to Align text left & vertical align middle Kay ASP .Net 2 07-25-2003 08:32 AM

Advertisments