Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > connection problem

connection problem

middletree

I'm really at a loss on this one. This thing was working just fine, then
stopped.

The site is http://www.shoppingwithshanda.com/shanda/shandahome.asp

All 6 pages are the same code, and that part in the middle, in the yellow,
is supposed to show the text that was placed in the Access database, in that
one field. I have another page for each of these 6 pages so that the client
can type in her info, which is updated frequently.

So here's my connection code:
From the main page:
<!-- #INCLUDE file="includes/shandadbinc.asp" -->

From the shandadbinc.asp file:
<!-- #Include file="adovbs.inc" -->
<%
strConnection ="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source="&server.mappath(".\shanda.mdb")&";User
Id=xxxxxxxx;Password=xxxxxxxx;"
filePath = Server.MapPath("xx.mdb")
%>

Finally, here's the code for the main page, which should show the contents
of the requested field:
<h2>Shoppingwithshanda.com is BACK!</h2>
<%
strHome = Replace(Replace(strHome,"''","'"),vbCrLf,"<br>")
response.write strHome
%>

Please note that I am aware that Access is not a good database, and I am
aware that sueing adovbs.inc has problems. It has not been a problem up till
this point, and if you think that one of those items is a factor for this
problem, then feel free to let me know. If not, please save that discussion
for another thread, please. I don't want to get sidetracked.

Also, please note that I have saved the db to my Hard drive, where I have
dsetermined that there is info in the fields. It is just not displaying.

middletree

I should have added this, in an include file that all pages are using:

<% Set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
objConnection.ConnectionString = strConnection
objConnection.Open

strSQL = "select * from Shandamain "
set rs = objConnection.execute (strSQL)
strScoop = rs("Scoop")
strScoop = Replace(strScoop,"<br>",vbCrLf)

strNews = rs("News")
strNews = Replace(strNews,"<br>",vbCrLf)

strHome = rs("Home")
strHome = Replace(strHome,"<br>",vbCrLf)

strAbout = rs("About")
strAbout = Replace(strAbout,"<br>",vbCrLf)

strSeminar = rs("Seminar")
strSeminar = Replace(strSeminar,"<br>",vbCrLf)

strCutie = rs("Cutie")
strCutie = Replace(strCutie,"<br>",vbCrLf)

set rs = nothing
set ObjConnection = nothing
%>

middletree

Never mind. Seems that one of the files was lost by Dreamweaver.

"middletree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm really at a loss on this one. This thing was working just fine, then
> stopped.
>
> The site is http://www.shoppingwithshanda.com/shanda/shandahome.asp
>
> All 6 pages are the same code, and that part in the middle, in the yellow,
> is supposed to show the text that was placed in the Access database, in

that
> one field. I have another page for each of these 6 pages so that the

client
> can type in her info, which is updated frequently.
>
> So here's my connection code:
> From the main page:
> <!-- #INCLUDE file="includes/shandadbinc.asp" -->
>
> From the shandadbinc.asp file:
> <!-- #Include file="adovbs.inc" -->
> <%
> strConnection ="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
> Source="&server.mappath(".\shanda.mdb")&";User
> Id=xxxxxxxx;Password=xxxxxxxx;"
> filePath = Server.MapPath("xx.mdb")
> %>
>
> Finally, here's the code for the main page, which should show the contents
> of the requested field:
> <h2>Shoppingwithshanda.com is BACK!</h2>
> <%
> strHome = Replace(Replace(strHome,"''","'"),vbCrLf,"<br>")
> response.write strHome
> %>
>

> Please note that I am aware that Access is not a good database, and I am
> aware that sueing adovbs.inc has problems. It has not been a problem up

till
> this point, and if you think that one of those items is a factor for this
> problem, then feel free to let me know. If not, please save that

discussion
> for another thread, please. I don't want to get sidetracked.
>
> Also, please note that I have saved the db to my Hard drive, where I have
> dsetermined that there is info in the fields. It is just not displaying.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

See if one of the files was lost by Dreamweaver.

;]

Ray at work

"middletree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm really at a loss on this one. This thing was working just fine, then
> stopped.
>
> The site is http://www.shoppingwithshanda.com/shanda/shandahome.asp
>
> All 6 pages are the same code, and that part in the middle, in the yellow,
> is supposed to show the text that was placed in the Access database, in
> that
> one field.

middletree